The advancement of today’s science and technology results in unavoidable global challenges for everyone. Students are required to be equipped with the 21 century skills to meet the challenges and play their role as an active citizen in their own country and international citizen in the so called ‘borderless world’. Such skills include critical thinking, problem solving and higher order thinking skills. Education system through teaching and learning schools should thrive to assist students to excel in the 21 century skills through the innovation in teaching and learning of mathematics science and technology. The teaching and learning processes should enable students to engage in various subjects and be inspired to further and advance learning in many areas across disciplines. This issue demands more effort in research and publications especially Design research in various fields including mathematics, science and technology.
The 6th SEA-DR 2018, to be held in Banda Aceh, Indonesia, 27-28 June 2018, is an international forum for researchers, educators and practitioners to present and discuss the theoretical and practical aspects of Design research in the field of teaching mathematics, science, and technology.
We are pleased to invite you to submit your papers to the 6th SEA-DR international conference 2018.
|Full paper submission||20th February to 20th March 2018|
|Full paper acceptance Notification||30th April 2018|
|Early bird||3rd May 2018|
|Payment deadline||2nd June 2018|
|Conference date||27th to 28th June 2018|
The Major Theme
- Design research on learning media for teaching mathematics, science, and technology
- Design research on learning materials for teaching mathematics, science, and technology
- Design research on assessment for teaching mathematics, science and technology
- English is the official language of the conference and therefore the paper should be written and presented only in English
- Prepare your manuscript using the standard conference template provided here. Please double-check the paper size in your page setup to make sure you are using the European A4-size paper layout (8.27 inch X 11.69 inch). Please strictly follow the format of your manuscripts according to the given standard template. The paper should not contain page numbers or any special headers or footers.
- Full papers should not exceed 6 (six) pages, including text, figures, tables and references. Therefore, authors are urged to write as concisely as possible, but not at the expense of clarity
- All manuscripts must be free from grammatical, spelling, and/or punctuation errors and it is the responsibility of authors to ensure that the paper has been thoroughly edited and proofread before submission.
- Authors should prepare their documents using MS-Word following the guideline provided by IOP Conference Series: Journal of Physics
- The conference uses Open Conference System for submission of papers and review process. An author interested in submitting a paper to the 6th SEA-DR 2018 is required to create a new account through http://conference.unsyiah.ac.id/SEA-DR/SEA-DR-6th/index
- Registration requires filling a few brief fields on the web form. Upon completion of the form, the author will be taken directly to paper submission. If the author is not yet ready to submit the paper, the author could log out and submit later.
- To submit the paper, the author needs to log in as an Author. From the User Home page, under Roles, select Authors.
- Once logged in, the author should follow the steps by clicking on the link under “Start here to submit a paper to this conference”.
All submissions should be written in English and according to IOP Guideline and template, must not have been published before, not be under review for any other conference or publication. All submitted paper will be subjected to a “double-blind review” by at least two members of the Scientific Committee. The review will be based on relevance, originality, importance and clarity.
The authors of accepted papers will have 15 minutes to present their work in a Conference Work Session; approximately 5 minutes of discussion will follow each presentation.